News and Notes from the 2018 Toshiba LEAD Dealer and Customer Conference
Toshiba Aims to “Empower the Art of Business”
Bellagio Resort & Casino was the setting for Toshiba Americas Business Solutions, Inc. (TABS) sixth annual dealer and end-user conferences. The three-day event brought together roughly 1,600 attendees including dealer partners, resellers, customers, and members of the analyst community. According to Toshiba’s President and CEO Scott Maccabe, the event theme “Empowering the Art of Business” celebrates the notion that each company is a unique collection of people, ideas, language, culture, and brand. Toshiba believes that every client is unique, their work is their art, and their employees are the artist. The show consisted of breakout sessions, a technology fair, and a two-day general session with a keynote address from New York Times bestselling author Shawn Achor, who discussed the connection between happiness and success.
During the event, Toshiba made several important announcements. Chief among them was a strategic partnership with Brother International Corporation to offer laser printers, multifunctional peripherals (MFPs), and scanners through TABS’ existing sales channels. Brother’s Workhorse series line-up will now be available to Toshiba direct and dealer partners, offering customers a more complete A4 portfolio. In addition, Toshiba introduced three new A3 e-STUDIO SERIES (7 color and 6 monochrome MFPs). All include a new 10" user-interface (UI) with Elevate that enables clients to custom-tailor products to fit their unique environments. Toshiba also announced three new Toshiba-branded A4 MFPs (sourced from long-time partner Lexmark International) to complement their A3 portfolio. The breakout sessions were largely focused on various aspects of the company’s solutions strategy for dealers and end customers.
Key takeaways from the event included:
- Toshiba refreshed their A3 line-up with 13 new MFPs, each featuring a 10.1" touch panel with a bolder user-friendly experience and Elevate customizable user-interface (UI).
- Brother and Toshiba announced a strategic partnership that makes Brother Workforce-family laser printers, MFPs, and scanners available for Toshiba’s direct and dealer clients.
- Toshiba showcased three new A4 MFPs series, each with a powerful quad core processor, Pantone and spot-color matching, and 256-bit encryption with disk overwrite.
- The Elevate customizable user interface technology (announced initially about a year ago) has matured with new templates and shortcut offerings tailored to key vertical markets, plus the Workflow Composer online tool that allows dealers to completely custom-tailor UIs to a customer’s unique requirements.
- Toshiba Elevate Workflow Solutions for Employee Management and Invoice Processing deliver pre-built (yet fully customizable) content management environments tailored to the needs of HR and accounts payable departments.
For all the details, click here to read the full piece.