Lexmark Introduces Smart Document Capture for Military
Enhanced Solution Automates Manual Processes to Improve Efficiency and Security for Department of Defense Services
Lexmark International, Inc., a global imaging solutions leader, today announced the availability of Lexmark Smart Document Capture for Military, a solution that leverages the Lexmark Smart multifunction printer (MFP) platform to simplify and speed up error-prone and inefficient paper-based processes, driving greater efficiency and security in Department of Defense (DoD) services.
“DoD services are under pressure to transform their operations, revolutionize their mission processes, and provide experiences and interactions that are highly digital and secure for the service member,” said Marty DeGraff, Lexmark global industry director. “As we talk with our DoD clients, the common refrain is that slow, manual processing associated with hardcopy information and paper-based tasks is hampering this effort.”
“We developed the Lexmark Smart Document Capture for Military solution to help DoD services overcome this challenge by providing a seamless, experience for personnel that improves productivity and security,” DeGraff added.
Smart process management tools accessed directly from the Lexmark smart MFP touch screen interface facilitate automated document classification, data verification and compliance checks to make sure required information or documentation is in place. Features, screens and prompts are specific to DoD processes.
The solution integrates with core business and back-end systems to leverage a single, distributed capture solution across multiple platforms and workflow processes. Armed with built-in security to protect data, the solution is also PKI/CAC enabled to permit authorized users to access information found on the MFP touchscreen.
Lexmark Smart Document Capture for Military is a customized solution designed to streamline, digitize and simplify information management across the agency to:
- Process DoD personnel applications with ease: Quickly capture and verify DoD personnel services documents to make faster, more accurate decisions to speed up approval process.
- Expand DoD engagement touch-points: Enable DoD personnel to print forms and applications on demand, initiate processes, and check into appointments with kiosk-enabled MFPs, while providing complete visibility and tracking of the required data to be processed.
- Onboard DoD civilian personnel and in-process service members with increased speed: Gain the visibility to know exactly which forms have been completed and which are still outstanding, for faster, more accurate DoD personnel processing.
- Facilitate digital property book audits: Automatically capture hand receipt documents for asset movement to easily track status, identify chain of custody and quickly reconcile inventory list.
“Lexmark understands the unique challenges faced by our DoD clients,” said Allen Waugerman, Lexmark senior vice president and chief technology officer. “Lexmark Smart Document Capture for Military is the latest addition to a broad Lexmark offering that enables DoD agencies to save time and money, increase security and ease compliance.”
The Lexmark Smart Document Capture for Military solution can be purchased directly from Lexmark.
- Learn more about Lexmark Smart Document Capture for Military.
- Find out how Lexmark Solutions for Government can transform your operations.
- Subscribe to the Lexmark News Blog.
Lexmark creates innovative imaging solutions and technologies that help customers worldwide print, secure and manage information with ease, efficiency and unmatched value. Open the possibilities at Lexmark.com.
Lexmark and the Lexmark logo are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries.