Ricoh Empowers User Productivity with Best-of-Breed Applications
Company Provides Improved Access to Its Expanding Range of Apps Available for Latest Generation of Multifunction Printers
MALVERN, Pa. – Ricoh USA, Inc. today announced the Ricoh Application Site, which offers device-based applications ranging from informational widgets to advanced workflow components. These apps will be available with automated installation on Ricoh’s new and enhanced, next-generation Smart Operation Panel-equipped (SOP) multifunction printers (MFPs). In addition, Ricoh is releasing a number of next generation software products, completely redesigned to take advantage of the power and usability of the new SOP interface. Collectively, the SOP, apps, and related software are all components of Ricoh’ s Workstyle Innovation Technology, the evolution of office automation, by enhancing the scalable ecosystem made available through Ricoh’s newest devices.
Ricoh’s new interface delivers improved usability to end users by incorporating familiar gestures, such as swipe, pinch and flick commonly used on smartphones and tablets, to enable the completion of everyday workflows easily and quickly. These gestures make accessing the latest and existing applications more efficient and streamlined, helping to further enhance collaboration and embrace emerging workstyles.
A key enabler of Workstyle Innovation Technology is the RICOH Smart Device Connector, which empowers users to control MFP functions from their mobile devices. It also enables users to connect their MFPs to other office devices, such as Ricoh projectors and Interactive Whiteboards, creating a collaborative environment where information flows efficiently and securely throughout the office.
Newly available SOP-optimized software products include:
• Ricoh’s Streamline NX and GlobalScan NX help improve business processes through electronic document workflow automation. They are now optimized for the SOP and ultimately increase functionality while simplifying the user experience.
• Ricoh’s Integrated Cloud Environment (ICE) provides simplified access to scanning, OCR file conversion, document delivery and mobile printing cloud services via the SOP’s simple interface.
• Nuance Unified Client offers a single embedded application of Nuance flagship products, including Nuance® Equitrac®, Nuance® Output Manager® and Nuance® AutoStore®. The new client increases user productivity through a single Print and Capture workflow experience that makes it easy for individuals to securely manage and distribute documents.
• PaperCut print management software embraces the advanced features of the SOP by enabling organizations to track who’s printing what, change user behaviors, assign budgets, increase document security and simplify mobile and BYOD printing.
Additionally, highlights of the Ricoh Application Site apps include:
• ID Card Scan & Copy facilitates the printing of both sides of an ID card. Those in the healthcare, insurance, higher education and real estate environments, to name a few, are often scanning and copying ID cards (e.g. insurance cards or drivers licenses). This app increases productivity and reduces paper consumption by seamlessly scanning and storing both sides of the cards. The scanned data can be securely sent to a specific folder, email address or printed as a single page.
• Scan to Server for SharePoint enables data to be sent to Microsoft SharePoint Server directly from an MFP, helping to enhance efficiency throughout any enterprise or small to medium-sized business.
• Shared Folder Print enables print files to be stored in a shared folder in Windows OS environment directly from the MFP. With this, users can review files and check the print status before printing, helping to reduce wasted paper and boost productivity.
• Book Copy Helper automatically deletes shadows in output when copying books. Users can obtain high quality copy output regardless of Automatic Document Feeder position.
“What ‘today’s workplace’ means is constantly evolving, so businesses’ toolsets for sharing information, enhancing collaboration and driving productivity should be evolving, too,” said John Brophy, Vice President, Product Marketing, Ricoh USA, Inc. “This is why we are working closely with developers and designers, both our own and our partners, as well as making a developers’ kit available. We want our customers to have the innovative tools they need to succeed, no matter how the demands on them change.”
The first wave of Ricoh’s apps are available today with more planned for the near future. For more information on Ricoh’s current apps, visit our Application Site.
For more information on the Ricoh Developer Program, please visit: http://ricoh-ridp.com/. For details on Ricoh’s full line of products, services and solutions that foster innovative and intuitive ways to get things done, please visit www.ricoh-usa.com.
Ricoh is a global technology company that has been transforming the way people work for more than 80 years. Under its corporate tagline – imagine.change. –Ricoh continues to empower companies and individuals with services and technologies that inspire innovation, enhance sustainability and boost business growth. These include document management systems, IT services, production print solutions, visual communications systems, digital cameras, and industrial systems.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in approximately 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2016, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,209 billion yen (approx. 19.6 billion USD). For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com
© 2016 Ricoh USA, Inc. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.
John Greco Ricoh USA, Inc.